HCS Browser Requirements
At more than 20 years old, the Health Commerce System is a mature system providing access to over 250 individual data transaction applications of varying ages. Older applications available through the Health Commerce System may have specific Internet browser requirements that may or may not conflict with the generally supported browsers. In such cases, users are encouraged to check the application profile for specific requirements and should direct any concerns to the application owner.
General Browser Requirements
- TLS 1.2 encryption enabled
- Browser set to accept cookies
Due to the volatile nature of rapid release schedules for modern Internet browsers the Health Commerce System generally supports the current and previous versions of the following Internet browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Safari (macOS only)
- Safari (iOS5.1 or later)
- Google Chrome (iOS5.1/Android 4.0 or later)
- Mozilla Firefox (Desktop/Mobile)
- Most WebKit-based browsers (Android OS 2.3 or later)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and older
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile (Windows 8 Phone)
- Safari for Windows (Desktop)
Mozilla has unfortunately taken a divergent path in developing the Firefox browser and recent changes to Firefox may negatively impact the average person's ability to use many applications and resources found on the HCS. As such we can only offer limited support for this highly technical browser. You may be asked to choose an alternate if you encounter issues that are not easily resolved by non-technical users. This excludes any legacy applications that may require a specific early version of Mozilla Firefox to operate. We may re-examine full Firefox support in the future.
Due to the flexibility of the WebKit engine customization, we can state that the HCS should work with most WebKit browsers but can only offer limited support. You may be asked to choose an alternate if you encounter issues that are not easily resolved.
Troubleshooting web sites:
- Troubleshoot Adobe Acrobat: http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html
- Find out about your browser: http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/
- Review your browser's SSL (TLS) support: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
Not sure which Internet browser you are using? Go to http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/ to find out.
Software needed to view the Commerce web pages and documents is available from the 3rd party web sites listed below.